DHI Equipment History

A Brief Outline of DHI Equipment

  • 1939 Incorporation of Wonder Solder Co. by Hugo Schweiger
  • 1968 Wonder Solder purchases United Paint Service to capture the DuPont Paint Line
  • 1971 Second Store Opened
  • 1975 Third Store Opened
  • 1976 Fourth Store Opened
  • 1984 Fifth Store Opened
  • 1986 Sold United Paint to Finishmaster
  • 1987 Drum Handlers founded to recycle drums from Body Shops(1Employee)
  • 1988 DHI Equipment incorporated and finds a niche in the Collision Repair Industry supplying Spray Booth Maintenance, erection and service. (3 Employees)
  • 1991 DHI Equipment moves to 12000 Square Ft. Facility (5 Employees)
  • 1998 DHI Moves into new 6500 Square Ft. Facility in Redford,MI.
  • 2000 DHI Equipment acquires additional 12,000 Square Ft. warehouse in addition to 6500 Square Ft. main office and Tech Center (25 Employees)
  • 2009 DHI Moves All operations under one roof to 18,000 Square Ft. Facility in Novi, MI
  • 2014 DHI is purchased by it management team after Chuck Schweiger passes away

DHI Equipment has built a business on our firm belief that customer service is our only mission. Our goal is to supply the highest level of service and customer support during and after the sale. With many years servicing the Auto Body Repair Industry & Industrial Refinish Market, we have built a reputation for taking long term care of our customers. We firmly believe that exceptional service is the key to good customer relationships.